Things I Read - Trie, Raft
Things that I stumbled on a rainy day.
- Understanding how Trie (Data Structure) works
- Understanding how Raft (Distributed Consensus algorithm) works
I have heard/seen it but not in detail until now. Saw someone posted about it on HN and makes me curious.
I also found a post about Trie written in Python by Googling. I like the clear explanation with diagrams and put the code on github.
- Cool data structure to build autocomplete / prefix tree.
- Two main functions
Another item on my endless “things to read” list is this particular Understanding Distributed Consensus link.
There are two main processes
- Leader Election
- How all the nodes in the system came to an agreement on who should be the leader among them
- States of the Nodes
- Log Replication
- Once the leader is elected, all the changes go through the leader.
- The leader then replicates the change to all the followers.
- The leader waits until a majority of them have written the entry.
- Then the leader commits the state and confirms that to the followers.
There are a lot more details than this so probably will go back to the link above from time to time. And maybe I will have to try implementing it.